Download a free Metro Transit pass for easy access to Art-A-Whirl! Buses that route through Northeast Minneapolis include the 10, 11, and 32. Use Metro Transit’s Trip Planner.
Getting Around Art-A-Whirl
Find info on free Metro Transit passes, Arts District Trolleys, parking locations, accessibility, and more for Art-A-Whirl May 20-22, 2022.
Free Metro Transit Passes · Art-A-Whirl Trolleys · Accessible Locations · VIP Parking · Other Parking Options · For Bikes
Sponsored by the NE Lions Club, these free Trolleys will run during Art-A-Whirl hours. A loop through the Northeast Minneapolis Arts District takes roughly 30 minutes, with a trolley visiting a stop every 10-15 minutes. 3 Trolleys will run on Friday and Sunday, and 4 on Saturday.
Art-A-Whirl Trolley Hours
- Friday, May 20th: 5-10pm
- Saturday, May 21st: Noon-8pm
- Sunday, May 22nd: Noon-5pm
Trolley Stop Locations
- Grain Belt Bottling House (79 13th Ave NE)
- FOOD BUILDING (1401 Marshall St NE)
- California Building (2205 California St NE)
- Holland Arts WEST Building (607 22nd Ave NE)
- St. Mary’s Orthodox Cathedral (1701 5th St NE)
- Casket Arts Building (681 17th Ave NE)
- Jackson (Jac) Flats (901 18 1/2 Ave NE)
- Thorp Building (1618 Central Ave NE)
- Northrup King Building (Corner of14th Ave NE & Central Ave NE)
- Waterbury Building (1121 Jackson St NE)
- 4th St NE & Broadway Ave NE
- Rogue Buddha Gallery (357 13th Ave NE)
- 2nd St NE & 13th Ave NE
The studio buildings listed below include accessible parking space, ramps, elevators, and restrooms.
- A-Mill Artist Lofts, 315 SE Main St. 612-339-1034
- California Building, 2205 California St NE, 612-788-5551
- Grain Belt Bottling House, 79 13th Ave NE, 612-331-9012
- Jackson (Jac) Flats, 901 18-1/2 Ave NE, 651-644-9600
- Northrup King Building, 1500 Jackson St NE, 612-363-5612
- Solar Arts Building, 711 15th Ave NE, 763-234-5069
- Waterbury Building, 1121 Jackson St NE, 952-890-5400
Accessibility of locations is reported by building management and not exhaustive or indicating full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Persons with chemical sensitivity should note that fragrances from fresh paint and other construction materials will be evident in many studios. Please contact buildings or location directly to determine accessibility or layouts of their buildings or studios.
- Grain Belt
- California Building
- East Side Neighborhood Services
- St. Mary’s Orthodox Cathedral
- Solar Arts Building
- Sociable Cider Werks
- 2010 Artblok
- NEMAA’s VIP Parking Fundraiser at Quincy Hall
- Indeed Brewing
- Highlight Center
There will be two areas for Bike Racks, one at Indeed Brewing Co. and one at Bauhaus Brew Labs.
Don’t have a bike? Check out Nice Ride.