This policy is effective from May 13, 2016.
What we collect
The information we may collect includes but may not be limited to the following:
- contact information including email address;
- demographic information such as zip code, preferences, and interests;
- information regarding your browser and other technical specifications required to use our System;
- computer data or files, often called “cookies,” which may be sent by your web browser and stored on an individual computer to allow our server to “recognize” you through the navigation of the System;
- your IP address to measure our website traffic and to help provide a more personalized experience;
- Unique device identifier and user’s geolocation information for the mobile application’s functionality;
- other information relevant to audience or member surveys
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. We use personal information about our users for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to the following:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our programs and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about events, organizational news, or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use the information to customize the System according to your interests.
- We may contact you regarding an inquiry on the System that you have initiated.
- We may use content from social media platforms where you discuss our programs and services or use a hashtag related to our programs and services.
- We may provide information about your usage or preferences to our third-party vendors and providers.
We may also use third-party vendors, such as Google Analytics, to advertise to our users online. These third-party vendors may display Northeast Minneapolis Arts Association programs or services on other websites based on your internet usage. More specifically, these vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytic cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize and serve ads based on your past visits to the System or another site affiliated with Northeast Minneapolis Arts Association programs or services. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies is not linked to any personally identifiable information (name, address, email address or phone number) we collect or you provide on the System. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising by using Google’s Ads Settings.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our System may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our System, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may limit the ability of Google Analytics to track your online activity, as outlined in the “Behavioral Advertising” Section.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us at email@example.com as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.