Studio Pintura is excited to offer the “Complete Portrait” Sculpture Intensive.
Taught by Gabrielle Trom, an instructor at the Barcelona Academy of Art and currently an artist member at Studio Pintura’s Sculpture Studio.
Saturday and Sunday 10am-1pm, 4 weekends.
Aug 28-29, Sep 11-12, Sep 18-19, Sep 25-26
Goals of the course:
- Understanding the Features of the Face.
- A look at Anatomy
- Building the Profile
- Sculpting in an Additive Method in EARTH CLAY
- Explore Design and Texture in Sculpture
What we will cover:
- Discover our preconceptions about the features of the face.
- Construct quick cast copies of facial features to introduce the key concepts of measuring in sculpture, the additive method, and the planes of the features.
- Draw a study of the profile to understand the proportions and angles that allow us to recognize the model.
- While putting clay bases on the armatures, we will cover the point of truth, studio etiquette, and what it means to work from life.
- After constructing the profile and adding key widths to our portraits, we will begin building up the flesh, reviewing the centerline, outlining our compositions, and practicing note-taking in sculpture.
- When all the features and key boney points have been set, we will begin to make decisions about the finished texture and composition of the sculpture.
Class size limited to 8 students. Please join us!