About The Class – Full Introduction Glassblowing 101 + 102:
In this $100, 2-part class you will learn the following by a combination of hands-on training and lecture, all guided by our expert instructor who has been blowing glass for 40 years:
- Safety Fundamentals
- Tool and Torch overview
- Solid rod welding and gathering
- Creation and usage of Stringers
- Shaping and Application of color
- Creation of a marble, pendant, or other small item/s
- Application of color continued
- Creation and usage of Stringers continued
- Creation and usage of Ribbon Cane
- More time on the torch!
With these new skills, you can make pendants, marbles, or whatever else you can think to make! By taking this two-part class, students will be prepared for our other more advanced workshops.
Intro 101 begins at 10:00 am and goes until 1:00pm, followed by an hour lunch break, then resumes at 2:00pm – 5:00 pm for the Intro 102 part of class, giving the student 6 total hours of class time. Lunch is not provided. The students may bring lunch to eat in our lounge/break area, or can leave the studio for the break period to find food from the multitude of options in the area.
To Sign Up:
Call Stone Arch Glass Studio: 612-200-9605
DM on Instagram: @MinnesotaLegit
Payment is accepted over the phone, via email through PayPal, or you can make an appointment to stop in where we can accept cash and card payments. Payments must be made at the time of sign-up. Tax will be applied to your purchase.
- No sandals or open footwear in the studio
- No loose clothing or dangling jewelry
- Cotton or natural fiber clothing recommended (avoid synthetic clothing as it could melt in the case of an accident)
- Long hair must be tied back
If a student arrives to class inebriated they will be asked to leave, for safety purposes.
If a student needs to cancel or reschedule for any reason, 5 days prior notice is needed or their money will not be refunded.
If Stone Arch Studio needs to cancel class for any reason (including: Emergencies, Minimum number of students not reached, or any other reason) the student will have the option to reschedule into a future class or receive a refund.