Are you ready to pick up that old film camera and shoot? Have you always wanted to learn the art of making gorgeous original black-and-white prints in a darkroom? Maybe you used to develop film and print in a darkroom but it’s been a long time and you’d love a refresher? Come join our next class and dive into working with film! There is nothing like it!
- Starting February 7th, this course will consist of six Wednesday night classes and one Saturday field trip.
After learning darkroom protocols and procedures you will gain key and fob access to the darkroom to work on your own time for the duration of the course.
- We will cover mastering your film camera’s manual settings and experimenting with different styles and genres of photography through the assignments and the field trip.
- Film processing, evaluating negatives, and making prints.
- Advanced troubleshooting and printing techniques as time allows.
- Weekly class critiques are a time to share work and get feedback from your classmates.
- Learn some techniques for finishing prints for presentation.
On the last day we will have a class print exchange! You will go home with a package of one original print from everyone in the class!
—> Ask about discounts for students and members of other studios in the Casket Arts Building.