NEMAA 10×10+ Call For Art
This year, 10×10+ will feature a ticketed in-person celebration and fundraiser at Theatre in the Round on Thursday, September 28th, one week after the NEMAA 10×10 online shop launches. Artwork will be displayed throughout the venue and be available for purchase at a higher price point than the 10×10 online sale. Artwork will be sold on a gallery-split model, with artists either choosing a 50% split between NEMAA and the artist, or 100% of the artwork sale going to NEMAA.
Space is limited, so the artwork will be accepted on a first-come basis. The first 20 artworks submitted will be hung in the theatre’s gallery one month prior to the event to help bolster interest in the event and online sale. We might accept more or less artwork depending on the size of the art submitted. Additional artwork will be hung and displayed for the September 28 event.
Artist Submission Guidelines
- Open to individual and emerging artist members only. Student artists are eligible to submit to the 10×10 online sale only.
- Artists must submit at least one piece of artwork to the 10×10 online sale OR donate $45 to NEMAA at the time of submission.
- 2D and 3D mediums accepted, excluding installations or video/media work. All 2D and 3D artwork must be no larger than 24×36 inches or 24x24x24 inches.
- Artists can submit only one piece to the in-person sale.
- Artworks can not be priced higher than $2,500 or lower than $50. Artwork will be sold on a gallery-split model, with 50% of the sale going to NEMAA and 50% going to the artist. Artists also have the choice to donate all 100% of the sale to NEMAA.
- Artwork meant for display on a wall must be ready to hang. This means proper hanging wire on the back, which should hang at least 2 inches below the top of the frame when pulled taut for 2D work.
- Please include a tag taped on the back of your work with your name, artwork title, artwork price, and contact information.
- Artwork must be finished and dry and either framed, on gallery-wrapped canvas, or cradled panel.
- Please make sure the artwork is presentable and ready for sale – please replace or fix scratched/scuffed glass or Plexiglas, etc.
THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT artWORK IS SATURDAY, AUGUST 12, 2023.
If we determine that we have more space, we will open up submission for the last day of drop-off for the NEMAA 10×10 online show, Saturday, August 26th, 2023.
Print The NEMAA 10×10+ Submission Form PACKET
NEMAA will accept artwork until Saturday, August 12, 2023 by In-person Drop-off in the lobby of Northrup King Building:
Lobby, Northrup King Building
1500 Jackson St NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413
Drop-off Dates & Times:
Wednesday, August 9th, 2023: 5pm—8pm
Saturday, August 12th, 2023: 10am—1pm
Questions? Read the following FAQs or email email@example.com.
- June 16, 2023: NEMAA launches Call for Art for 10×10 and 10×10+. Now accepting mailed submissions.
- In-person drop-off dates:
- For 10×10 and 10×10+: Wednesday, August 9: 5pm—8pm
- For 10×10 and 10×10+: Saturday, August 12: 10am—1pm
- For 10×10: Saturday, August 26: 10am—1pm
- September 21, 2023 (Thursday): NEMAA 10×10 Online Art Fundraiser launches. Open for one week.
- September 28, 2023 (Thursday): NEMAA 10×10+ In-person event at Theatre in the Round.
- October 2023: Unsold artwork pick-up on Mondays and Thursdays from 10am—12pm at NEMAA’s workspace in Northrup King, #319.
Will NEMAA be providing artwork insurance?
There will be a small amount of required paperwork to fill out at artwork drop-off, including a liability waiver. NEMAA will not be providing artwork insurance. Artists may provide their own artwork insurance if so desired. Please plan at least 10 minutes to check in and fill out the paperwork.
Do I have to be a current NEMAA member to participate?
Yes, you must be an Individual or Emerging Artist member of NEMAA to participate. Interested in joining NEMAA? Check out our member benefits.
What happens to unsold artwork?
Unsold artwork needs to be picked up during the month of October at NEMAA’s office in the Northrup King Building from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Mondays and Thursdays.
Can I submit 3D artwork?
Yes. 3D mediums are accepted, excluding installations or video/media work. All 2D and 3D artwork must be no larger than 24×36 inches or 24x24x24 inches.
Do I need to be doing something when the event happens on September 28th?
No. We will notify you if your piece sells at the event.
Can I attend the special in-person event at Theatre in the Round on September 28th?
Yes. Tickets for the in-person event will be available by mid-July. You’re welcome to attend!