First Thursdays in the Arts District
First Thursdays in the Northeast Minneapolis Arts District is an Open Studio and Gallery Tour held the first Thursday of each month. Many NEMAA member artists and galleries open their doors and invite you into their studios. With a more relaxed atmosphere, this mini-Art-A-Whirl is a great experience for the art collector and browser.
Open Studios from 5:00 - 9:00 PM at:
- Artspace Jackson Flats, 901 18 1/2 Ave NE, Minneapolis, MN, 55418
- Casket Arts Building, 681 17th Avenue NE, Minneapolis
- Casket Arts-Carriage House , 1720 17th Avenue NE, Minneapolis
- Grain Belt Studios, 77 & 79 13th Ave. S., Minneapolis (Occasionally - check with artists or building to confirm)
- Northrup King Building, 1500 Jackson Street NE, Minneapolis
- Q.arma Building , 1224 Quincy St NE, Avenue NE, Minneapolis
- NOTE! Solar Arts Building will be CLOSED this month for First Thursday
- Thorp Building , 1618 Central Avenue NE, Minneapolis (Occasionally - check with artists or building to confirm)
June 4: Betty Danger's Country Club presents "Poor Little Rich Girl"
As Betty’s mission continues to support, defend and protect the arts in Northeast Minneapolis and beyond she will be hosting her first Members’ Art Show on Thursday June 4th, 2015. In the spirit of the counterculture of the elite, the theme of the art show will be “Poor Little Rich Girl." Artists are invited to interpret the idea of "Poor Little Rich Girl," or the tarnished life of Barbara Hutton, however they see fit. Artworks will be considered to the show in a variety of mediums. All art must be original. No giclees, or photo copies. Betty reserves the right to choose her favorite pieces for the “Poor Little Rich Girl” Members’ Art Show. Please email email@example.com with any questions about the art show, or the submission guidelines.
First Thursday Specials
- Two 12 Pottery and Gifts - We will offer our usual store discount, and on top of that, all books are 20% off including books on sale! 212 13th Ave NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413, 612.331.1556, firstname.lastname@example.org
- First Thursdays at the Red Stag Supperclub featuring Happy Hour 3pm - close and late night music at 10pm. 509 1st Avenue NE, Minneapolis.
- Betty Danger's Country Club - specials during First Thursdays to be announced.
Thank you to Secrets of the City for their media coverage and promotion of First Thursdays.